HOW TO OBTAIN PRESS CREDENTIALS FOR
THE AMERICAN CINEMATHEQUE AWARD SHOW
- To obtain press credentials for this event, please send a letter of request on letterhead from your outlet in the form of a PDF, or Microsoft Word document. Other formats such as jpegs are not acceptable. We must be able to easily open your letter.
- Your letter should include:
- Indicate that you have a specific assignment and who it is from.
- Include the name of the outlet.
- When the coverage will air/appear in print
- Complete contact information. This includes your email address as part of the letter.
- Please send your letter as a new e-mail. Do not request credentials by replying to the press release e-mail that we sent to you.
- Please put the name of your outlet and the name of the event in the Subject Line.
- If you have never covered this event before, please be sure to include a web link to your media outlet with sample red carpet coverage at a similar event and to follow all of the instructions for making a request.
- if you have covered this event previously, please provide links or hard copies to coverage from the previous year. We need to know who picked up your photos (where they ran).
- No verbal requests will be accepted. Our system of making sure that no one is overlooked is based on having your documentation of your request in writing.
- Your submission will only be accepted if you send a PDF or Word document version of your assignment letter on letterhead.
- E-mail a PDF on letterhead to SidGrauman@gmail.com
A private link to an online registration form will be sent to you by email. At this time you can go into our Google form to give us all the information we need to consider your request.
- You do not need to sign up for Gmail or register with Google to fill out the form. Only the American Cinematheque sees the information that you provide.
- The link will come from an email address called "SidGrauman." Sid Grauman is not an employee of the American Cinematheque. It is an e-mail address that the team of people processing credentials use. Several people are checking it and answering your questions.
- Receipt of this link does not guarantee credentials. It just puts you into the system so we will be able to consider your request.
- Please note that space is tight and we will not be able to credential every journalist who makes a request. We do the best we can to accommodate requests and still allow enough room for journalists to do the best reporting they can do.
- We make best efforts to acknowledge receipt of your request by e-mail. If we have questions, we may also call you.
- We will send a written confirmation letter with links to media alert, tip sheet, clip information, facesheet, etc. to you if we are able to accommodate you on the red carpet. Those documents will be updated until the day prior to the event.
- Everything you need to know about what will happen and what you need to do the day of the show, will be included in the letter we send to you.
- You don't need to call repeatedly to check on the status of your press request. We will be in touch with you based on the dates listed above. We have a staff of two and cannot possibly call everyone back (even though we wish we could)! If you provided us with a phone # e-mail address, you will hear from us as soon as we have further details. If you have not heard from us by November 26, 2018 at all, please send an email as we may not have gotten your request.
- Local News crews are the only media that can credential after the deadline for submitting credentials has passed.
- When you fill out the online registration form, your request must be complete if you wish to be considered, and it must include the following:
- The name of the OUTLET (publication, channel, website, radio station, etc.). If your outlet is not widely known in the United States or is new, please give a brief description. Space is severely limited in the press area, so PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO JOURNALISTS WHO HAVE AN ACTUAL ASSIGNMENT from a domestic print, electronic or broadcast outlet. (For example: Photographer Lois Lane from Kryptonite photo agency will shoot for The Daily Planet newspaper. Ms. Lane's story will appear the Monday following the event.)
- The name of the actual photographer, crew members, etc. that will attend the event and as much contact info. as possible (local phone, address, e-mail).
The name of the assignment editor, photo agency contact, etc. and as much contact info. as possible (phone, address, e-mail).
No cameras will be allowed inside the cocktail party or Ballroom under any circumstances.
It is not guaranteed that one-on-one interviews with the honoree or show participants will be granted on the red carpet.
There will not be an electronic feed of the show. Broadcast outlets who want selected clips can request them in advance and they will be delivered via download from an ftp site. If you cannot use hi-rez digital clips that you have to download yourself, please let us know in advance so we can work on an alternative. You can indicate your interest in clips on your online registration and you will be serviced with download information just prior to the event.
- Spots on the carpet are pre-marked by American Cinematheque.